School picture day is November 7

Friday, October 5, 2018

Third graders learn about how to take multiple choice tests


We had a fabulous Friday!  We started with an antonym activity.  

We took our weekly reading test over week 1 of unit 2 in our reading series.  We read each story silently, then the students listened to it, then we read it chorally, before answering questions.  We also read each question and ALL answer choices.  Sometimes they tend to choose one before reading all the choices.  Unfortunately, doing this can prevent them from choosing the best choice.  We did this with each one.  Most did very well.  Teaching them these strategies will help them do them independently.  

We worked more with word problems and got on aplusmath.com ( a free math site), IXL, and Prodigy.  

I didn't tell the students, but I have to be gone Monday due to a doctor's appointment.  Please remind them to be on their best behavior.  I always leave my cell phone number with the sub so that he/she may contact me.  I will reward those with good reports.

Have a wonderful weekend with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment