School picture day is November 7

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Today in third: theme, main idea, choral reading ... and a missing Mickey yard ornament


We had a great day, even though the weather was not the greatest!

We worked with theme and main idea today.  They had two puzzle pieces, and on each something was written, either an example of theme or main idea.  Example:  One side might say jealousy and the other might read "Sara was so upset when  Mindy had something she didn't."  We discussed how the main idea included more specifics.  This is an ongoing lesson, so we will get better as the year goes along.

We also read chorally.  And tonight we have a bonus reading assignment.  it is an Anansi book.  There were several to choose from.  Please help your child to remember to return these books.  All of the books I send home that aren't textbooks, are ones I have bought and belong to me.  

We revisited our spelling lesson from yesterday, since I wasn't here.  We went over each set of directions, and checked to see if they did what they were supposed to.  If not, they corrected it.

We planted some pansies today.  They are doing a great job with the flowerbed! But they were sad, as was I, to find out that our Mickey Mouse yard ornament was stolen last Sunday.

Stay warm and read with your child tonight!  I miss being able to have mine cuddle up next to me and read with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment