School picture day is November 7

Monday, March 2, 2020

Third graders write their own book based on Dr Seuss' model


First, let me say how nice it is to be back.  The conference was wonderful, but I missed my kiddos.  For the most part, they were good while I had to be gone.  

We started with our Monday assembly this morning.

We read My Many Colored Days by Dr Seuss, as it is his birthday.  This is a book that was actually published posthumously.  It was found after he died, and put into a children's book.  We also watched the musical version, which matches feelings and colors with sounds. Then we made our own books.  We chose four colors that we felt described some of our days. They enjoyed making them.  Several asked,"Do we get to keep these?"  

I handed out their individual spelling lists.

We went to computers for our Istation test.

We added four facts to our flashcards.  We added 2X8, 8X2, 2X9, and 9X2.

Please send your child's Thunder Reading Challenge for February!

No comments:

Post a Comment