School picture day is November 7

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Class to enter quarantine -- and write about their first day

Well, we almost made it through the year without being quarantined.  I will tell you about our day first, then I will tell you the plan.

We started our day with some silent reading.  

We also did our play several times, until all had a chance.  They enjoyed that so much.  I will find us some more.  We reviewed more of our figurative language, focusing on idioms and a tad on hyperboles.

We did some more multiplication practice. We worked together on a game similar to a wordsearch, except that it was equations.  We looked for numbers that were arranged to make a true equation.  For example, if there was a 2, 12, and 24 next side-by-side, then we colored it in, then wrote the full equation (2 X 12 = 24) at the bottom of our page. 

Okay, the plan for virtual.  I will post activities every day on Seesaw.  However, I will not start until Monday.  All I want the children to do tomorrow is to read at least thirty minutes during the day, go to Xtramath.org, and write about their first day on quarantine. And we will take our spelling test on the 29th.  So they can keep studying those.  

Please feel free to text, or message me through Seesaw.  We will get through the next few days together!  

No comments:

Post a Comment