School picture day is November 7

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Class has Zoom visit from representatives of First United Bank

Representatives of First United Bank of Shawnee 

read the book Tightwad Todd to our class over Zoom this morning.

 

We had a wonderful Thursday, but I must apologize once again.  We were very busy at the end of the day, and I forgot to send home the fundraiser booklets.  Look for them Monday.

We started with three choices this morning. They could finish their trail mix recipe, finish yesterday's word problems, or read silently.

We did take our spelling test today, but I will only take grades if they did well. What a whirlwind the past few weeks have been!

We also did some valentine riddles today.  We worked with the theme and main idea again, as we have worked on it several times in the past. Today we did a practice page to see how well they retained it. When we discussed it, we pointed out how the theme is not as specific as the main idea.  The main idea is specific to a book or passage.  It will often include exact names and places.  The theme is more general.  It could just be one work, like "compassion." I saw several light bulbs come on when we pointed this out.

We were fortunate today to have a Zoom meeting with representatives from the First United Bank.  They read a book to them, and sent supplemental materials for us to use in the classroom.  They also gave a piggy bank to each child.  It is so important for children to learn the value of money at an early age.  I know I wish I had had lessons on it.  I have always been good at the spending aspect of money. It took many years into my adulthood to learn the saving part.

Be sure to look on Seesaw tomorrow for activities.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment