School picture day is November 7

Friday, February 5, 2021

Students find patterns in multiplication problems

We had a wonderful day today!  We started with our next-to-the-last multiplication puzzle.  It was the 11 multiplication puzzle.  We wrote all of the facts from 1-12 on the white board.  Then we discussed the pattern(s) we saw.  They enjoy finding patterns, especially if it makes something easier!

We did some critical reading today.  The short passage we read covered comprehension, inference, and fluency skills.  There were a few questions that required some very deep thought.  We went through some strategies for finding the answers to questions that aren't answered directly in a passage/story. I enjoyed listening to them read aloud to me this week. 

Today we took our homonym poster we have been working on since the beginning of the year and transferred all of them to a larger poster, as we were running out of room.  Then we added even more.  Then they were able to choose one set, illustrate each, and write a sentence for each.  They whipped through that quickly.  By now they really understand what they are.  

We did some multiplication review with a variety of facts.

Of course, we took our spelling tests, and had our read and feed this afternoon.  I think they enjoyed this one even more, because they knew what to expect.  

Conference notes came home with your child today.  AIf you cannot make it to school, feel free to call me at your given time, and we will do a phone conference. 

Also the Friday behavior notes came home that we started a few weeks ago.  

Have a wonderful weekend.  I am excited, as I get to sit in on a writing seminar tomorrow morning.  Yes, it is virtual, but I am still excited.  There will be many authors giving it, as well as attending.  I don't know if you know, but I have one book published under my previous name, "Jacobs." But have several in the works.  Hoping to get more published!

No comments:

Post a Comment