School picture day is November 7

Monday, March 8, 2021

Students learn about free writing

First, let me apologize. I had to leave directly after school Friday, and forgot all about the blog. But we had a fabulous Friday, and our read and feed went well.

Today was another great day!  We started by doing a free write in our writers' notebooks.  The only rule is to keep writing until I ask them to stop.

In math we went over a paper quiz we took last week. They corrected their answers they missed.  Going over what is missed is very important. As I explained to them, it helps us see our mistakes, and more often that not, we won't repeat the same mistake. We also did some multi-digit addition practice.

We handed out our spelling lists. I also handed out the spelling tests from last week.  I think some forgot to study.

In reading we did some silent reading.  We also finished a reading poem, using rhyming word pairs.  Rhyming is very important in reading.  

If you didn't return your child's fundraiser envelope, please do so tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment