School picture day is November 7

Monday, April 12, 2021

Third graders finish first day of testing

Well, we got our first day of testing over with!  I am very proud of my Crystals.  Not one of them rushed through the test.  They seemed to take it seriously and do their best. We will complete the second part of the ELA test tomorrow. We will do math on Wednesday.  

We were able to go outside after specials, since we had sat for so long.  

We did some math review today.  We worked some with multiplication, as well as filling in tables.  For example, I had 5 children come up.  I made a table on the board.  I started with only one standing.  The table had two rows: Number of children, Number of legs.  So when 1 was standing there were 2 legs, when 2 were standing there were 3 legs, and so on up to 5 standing which made 10 legs.  Then I asked questions such as "How many legs would there be if there were 12 children?" I also asked the reverse,"How many children if there are 22 legs?" They had to think.  Then we went over strategies they used to answer the questions. Some multiplied, some added to the previous number, and there were other ways, as well.  

We got in some silent reading, as well.  

If you didn't send your notes for your child, you can send them tomorrow.  

Thank you for getting them here, fed and on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment