School picture day is November 7

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Read what third graders wrote today

We had such a great day today! It seems that while everyone is excited about summer vacation, many are realizing that they will not get to see their friends on a daily basis.  That has been a topic of discussion.  

We made turtles, as you saw by the pictures below.  They were getting so creative.  

We also started writing a number book.  Jerry Pallotta, an author friend of mine (Who Would Win? series, and many others), gave me some blank booklets.  So as a class we wrote a book today.  Here is what we came up with.

Zero cookies in our cookie jar.

One mad mama wondering where they are.

Two cookies went to the neighbor's house.

Three, sadly, fell on the floor.

Four were in my school lunch box.

Five were hidden in the big, glass fox.

Six, I think my brother ate.

Seven, I know I gave to Nate.

Eight were fed to the cardinals, red.

Nine were hiding in my bed.

Ten were found in my mom's purse.

Eleven were given to the hospital nurse.

Twelve were eaten by Casper, my dog.

Thirteen were found on a big, wet dog.

Fourteen were sent to Grandma in Maine.

Fifteen were sent to cousins in Spain.

Sixteen were given to my favorite teacher.

Seventeen went to my family's preacher.

Eighteen were eaten by my dad.

Nineteen crumbled. My, how sad!

Twenty were eaten at the barbeque.

Twenty-one were saved just for you.

Twenty-two burned while Mom was on the phone.

Twenty-three went missing when Sis was left alone.

In a bag in the fridge, I found twenty-four.

Twenty-five appeared at our front door!

 

We had a lot of fun coming up with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment