School picture day is November 7

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Third graders have a full day of learning and fun

We had a very productive day today! We started with our daily Xtra Math. Xtra Math can be done at home, as well as school. We also started a new math online practice. I have a 30 day free trial. It is iknowit.com. If at the end of the 30 day period I feel it is working, I will buy it, unless it is outrageously expensive! They haven’t given me that information yet. So let’s use it as much as we can in the next 30 days, just in case.

We also wrote our spelling words using dabbers. I think they are actually used at Bingo games. But we used them to make our words. 

We discussed synonyms today. We did a short cut-and-paste activity with them. Ask your child to give you an example of synonyms. 

We also popcorn read today. I love listening to them read. Since it is early in the year, I didn’t make a student read if he or she didn’t want to. Have your child explain this, as well. We worked with our vocabulary, too.

Most finished their math acrostics. If they didn’t, I will work with them one-on-one tomorrow. Some had left theirs at home. 

Tomorrow is “Wear Red” day. If you ordered a school shirt, they came in today. But if you didn’t , that is okay. Just wear red. (Please let me know if your child wants a school shirt, but right now your financial idea doesn’t have s t-shirt in the budget. I can figure something out.)

I saw some great comic books come in today. 

There is a football game tonight at 7. If your child wears their white Shawnee shirts, they may get into the game for free. They do have to be with an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment