School picture day is November 7

Friday, August 25, 2023

Third graders take spelling and multiplication tests, receive writing notebooks

I had to be in Edmond yesterday at four to meet my daughter, and I left without putting in a post. I apologize.

We took our spelling test today. Some of us studied. But I will also look at grades, and some children may have modified lists. There is a great website to use for practicing spelling words, and it is fre! It is spellingtraining.com. I highly recommend it. 

We took a quiz over the twos in multiplication but it wasn't timed. They were allowed to use the strategies we have gone over in class. Next week we will introduce the fives.  

We received our writing notebooks. We start with small notebooks, as the larger ones seem to overwhelm them in the beginning. We will be doing a lot of writing. You might have them practice writing old-fashioned letters to relatives or friends.

We played sight word Bingo. It was the first time playing this, so we didn't get to finish. Going over how it is done took a bit. 

Have a great weekend. Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment