School picture day is November 7

Monday, November 27, 2023

Class studies elements of stories

We had a wonderful day! It was great seeing everyone. We had a lot of energy, but I needed the exercise of keeping up with all of them. I ate too well over the break.

We worked with characters, characterization, setting, plot, beginning, and end of stories. We read a passage together and answered a few questions. 

Later we started the book, Christmas in Camelot. It is such a great book. I have a class set of it, so we listened to the author read several chapters. They brought the book home to read tonight. They are supposed to read the first three chapters. You may take turns with them, if you like.

In math we continued working with three dimensional shapes. This time, we constructed them, using our one cubes of our Base 10 blocks. 

We filled another row on our compliment chart, so we were rewarded with an art project. We were able to get started on it.

We also went over some Oklahoma information in social studies. We identified the state bird, and connected dots to make it appear. 

We will be having a holiday party this month. I am asking that you send $5 to help with it. I have a lot planned. Each child will be coming home with a gift and some snacks. I have already purchased some gifts, as I found a few bargains. My Cash App is $djam1962, if you would rather donate that way. I appreciate any help you can give. 

Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment