School picture day is November 7

Monday, November 6, 2023

Students learn about 3-D shapes

We had a marvelous Monday.

We went over 3-D shapes. We counted faces, edges, and vertices on multiple shapes. They seemed to understand that pretty well. We also added to our interactive notebooks.

We listened to one of my favorite books by one of my favorite authors. We read Thunder Cake by Patricia Polacco. It is a story from her childhood, like most of her stories.

We enjoyed a chocolate chip cookie I made using the recipe from the last read aloud, Cookie and Milk. It is about the family who started Famous Amos cookies.

We also did our third observation of Max. I loved hearing the observations the children were making. They have used new vocabulary on their own and used it correctly. I love watching them learn.

Please send any Veteran's Day notes back to me tomorrow. We need to know a number.

Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment