School picture day is November 7

Thursday, May 2, 2019

A great day of learning and fun for third graders


We finally got to start my favorite hidden picture today.  Every time we did one, the students asked if it was my favorite.  I always told them it wasn't my very favorite.  So today we did that one.  It was probably one of the easiest, or they are just getting really good at them.  

We almost finished The One Hundred Dresses.  They have enjoyed reading and listening to this story. It has been one of my favorites for awhile.  I discovered this my junior year in college.  

We worked with contractions today.

We also did a word sort, using our spelling words.  Then we wrote our words in alphabetical order, then in the order that they occur during the year.  

We also practiced our number sense today.  We played a game called "Math-A-Mania."  I wrote a grant several years ago and received multiple games so that my whole class could play.  What is interesting about this game, is that it was invented by a 16-year-old Oklahoman.  She entered it into a competition, and won.  She won a cash prize, a full college scholarship, and got her game made to sell.  This game uses all of the operations in math, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.  Ask your child about it.  It was a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment