School picture day is November 7

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Third grade is underway with great learning exercises


Our second day was as amazing as yesterday!  I think it is going to be a great year! 

We worked with syllables today.  I was pretty impressed.  Most had no trouble with them at all.  

We also did a back-to-school word search.  These always bring a mixed set of responses.  Many just "love them."  Others dread them.  They are good exercises for them, though.

We started a new read aloud book.  We are reading The Doll People.  It has been a favorite of every third grade class I have ever had.  And out of my 35 years of teaching, 27 have been in third grade.

We painted monsters today.  These will have their names on them, and each day will be placed under the correct heading for what kind of lunch they will be having.

We explored centers, and I saw some great builds going on.  

We took pictures today.  The sign said first day, but since I forgot to take them yesterday, we did them today.  

Thank you for allowing me to work with your child this year!

Here's the new garden our class has adopted.  We'll be working on it during the year, and learning a lot of science in the process:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment