School picture day is November 7

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

A busy day of learning and review for third graders


We had a wonderful Wednesday, even with the weather!

We started by revisiting one of our assignments from yesterday.  Since I had a sub, I think there was some confusion, so we went over it and corrected it.

We read chorally today.  We are still discussing genre, as we review other skills, as well.  Today we also did a sequencing activity where the students had to number the sentences in order that they appeared in our book.  

We were able to go to Istation today to work in math.  When they finished there Istation time, they were allowed to go onto Prodigy, if they wanted. 

We got to read a short passage about Buffalo Soldiers from our social studies folder.  It was interesting.  And until I taught third grade, I had never heard of them.  I love learning about our state's history.

On a different note, I would like to ask for your help.  Please talk to your child about behavior when I have to be gone.  I do constantly, but if your child knows you expect the same thing, then I think that will help them remember.  I had a few students who just didn't behave well yesterday.  And it wasn't just talking or little things.  There was some major problems with behavior.  It wasn't everyone!  Please know that.  But just a reminder to them about behavior whether or not I am here, or it is a sub, would be appreciated!  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment