School picture day is November 7

Monday, March 22, 2021

Students begin Poetry Ringo project

We had a great first day back to school! Many were relieved, as some had shown concerned about having to go to fourth after spring break.  I assured them they would still be in third grade.  I realized that they left for spring break last year and didn't return until August.  

We started by making a penguin mobile.  We had studied a bit about penguins before the break.  They love penguins!  

We read poetry today.  We will start our Poetry Ringo project tomorrow.  They have to read a certain number of poems by specific poets.  It will be an ongoing project.  They will have at least 2 weeks to complete this.  I have every poet represented in my poetry section in my room, so there shouldn't be a problem.  If it gets close to the due date, I may have some bring it home to work on.  You can find the poets online.  But I suggest you look up the poems, as some of the poets write for adults, as well as children, and can be inappropriate for our kiddos.

We practiced addition and subtraction (with regrouping and across the zero). 

We also wrote a super sentence that told us the who, how, when, and where. 

I sent home the spelling lists today.  As always, they got 2 so that they could have one for home and here.  If you try spellingtraining.com, please let me know. Unlike the last spelling site, it won't let me put in the lists.  You can put them in each week, and your child can play a variety of games to practice his or her spelling words.

We also made a penguin book about the different penguin parts and their purposes.

Book orders were sent home, as well.  They are due Wednesday, March 31.

This Thursday will be a virtual day, as we have to get our second vaccine.  I am hoping I am not as sick as I was after the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment