School picture day is November 7

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Third graders engage in lots of different types of learning

We had a terrific Tuesday! We started by finishing our penguin project.

I introduced a new class game that is used for addition and subtraction practice. There are 10 rounds.  I will use the data I got from today's game to make the next set of groups. They didn't realize how much they were learning during the game! We also did a few problems for independent practice. They finished pretty quickly.  I haven't got to grade it yet, so I will see.

We started our Poetry Ringo project.  It is due Wednesday, April 7. We did several together, and then they were given time to work on it alone.

We tried out the new spelling site, spellingtraining.com, today.  They typed in their lists on their devices.  I think they were glad to be on it.  I observed a few of the games as they were playing them.  I think this will be very helpful. Typing in their lists was a good skill also.

We spent a little time on Istation Reading, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment