School picture day is November 7

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Tomorrow is career dress-up day

Our day went quickly today!  It was a great one!

Don't forget that tomorrow is career dress-up day!  I will be dressing as one of the three things I wanted to be when I was your age.  One of them was a teacher.

We did our Xtramath today.  I am seeing so much improvement in their facts.  The faster they can answer these, the easier upper math will be.  We also worked with time today. We drew clocks in our notebooks and wrote other basic information.  We did some practice on telling time.  

We also worked on our Poetry Ringo.  They are enjoying this.  Poetry is what made me fall in love with reading and the written language.  I love the sounds of words!  (good words)

We worked on main idea today.  They had short passages to read and 2 questions for each one to answer.  This time I gave them choices, as this format was  difficult for them.

We also read The Great Kapok Tree.  That is their reading assignment for tonight.  We also made a rainforest flip book. I love the rain forest!  The class does too.  I loved the conversation it sparked.

I also found a site called xtrareading.org.  Most signed in to my class.  We are still navigating it. We didn't have a lot of time to work on it.  

Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment