School picture day is November 7

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Today in third: homonyms, perimeter, writing

We had another great day! We were able to continue our homonyms lesson. Yesterday we added a few examples to our notebooks. Today I wrote sentences leaving two spaces. They had to choose which homonym went into the spaces. Ex. I wasn’t sure if it was ______ when I saw a huge catfish on the end of my rod and _______! (real, reel)

We also introduced perimeter today in math. See if your child remembers the poem we used. Again, I modeled perimeter by walking around a rug and telling them I was walking the perimeter of the rug. They guessed what perimeter meant by that example. We added our information and our poem to our notebooks.

I am sending some graded papers home in their daily folders. This way, if someone needs to redo an assignment, they don’t have to wait until next Wednesday. Please check their daily folders, and go over their work with them.

A few finished their writing assignments for this week. They are getting so much better. At the beginning of the yer, I couldn’t hardly get them to write a sentence, much less multiple paragraphs. The describing words and details they are using now are much better, as well. I keep reminding them that when we think we are done, we have only just begun.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment