School picture day is November 7

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Students work with fractions, read Dr. Seuss books

We had a great day! I was at a workshop in Norman yesterday, but the substitute left a great note. That always makes me happy. I know I get them to behave for me, but when they behave when I am not here, then I know we are maturing and making good decisions!

We worked a lot with fractions today. First, we reviewed what fractions are. Then I made a T-chart on the board. One heading was labeled "Fractions" and the other "Not Fractions." Each student then made an example of each to put up on the board. It was such an easy way to see if they understood what makes a fraction. Then we did a practice page to see if they understood the difference between halves, thirds, and fourths. 

We read multiple Dr. Seuss books today, as well.

We added a lot of information to our notebooks, as well. 

Please send your permission slip for next week's Thunder Blue game. 

We will be taking our Istation reading test tomorrow. We will save math for next week. As always, we are wanting to see growth, not perfection.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment