School picture day is November 7

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Folders come home today


What a great day!  I know it is Thursday, but our Wednesday folders came home today.  You are probably thinking they are a little light.  That will change.  Some of the things we have done have been a little harder on them than I expected.  So we are revisiting some things and going over them together.  If the majority of the class doesn't do well on a skill/assignment, I re-teach it.  I do not take a grade on it.  I cut the corners of assignments that are in the grade book.

In reading we read chorally, as well as with our classmates in small groups.  This group is very good at discussions over books/stories.  What is difficult for many is putting in words what they are wanting to say. They have a reading assignment tonight.  

We worked with vocabulary and made cards to study.  We worked with them as a class this afternoon.  I would say the word and they would hold up the correct definition.  Then we did it where I said the definition and they held up the correct word.

In math we did some work with expanded form and took a pretest to see what we need to work on in the next section.  

Spelling test is tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment