School picture day is November 7

Friday, February 15, 2019

Absences cause teacher to re-orient the day, but students have a great time learning


We had a great day today.  The only bad thing is that we had several absent.  So I changed up what I had planned.

We started with an activity that used predicting and graphing skills.

We read two passages that had a common theme.  One was nonfiction, and the other was fiction.  Then we compared them.  We answered a few questions before filling out a graphic organizer, giving physical aspects and community features. This was a very interesting lesson.  I was impressed with what the class came up with.  We also wrote a bit about what the stories had in common.

In math we introduced symmetry.  We gave a few examples, before drawing the other half of a picture.  We then did a review/practice page. 

We also played a game.  We had two teams.  (red, yellow)  We used the new giant game I bought that is like "Connect Four." I would read a short passage, and the took tuns telling me what could be inferred by it.  They enjoyed it!

Have a great weekend!  Stay warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment