School picture day is November 7

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Another great day and a focus on this month's word: excellence


We had another great day in third grade today! We started with a page for this month's word, excellence. They will be displayed on our lockers!

We continued working with our author study.  We also did a sequencing activity with one of our Kevin Henkes' books.  We used Lily's Purple, Plastic Purse.  That is also their reading assignment tonight.  

We worked on some phonics skills using our spelling words.  We also read clues about words and chose which spelling word was the best fit. We separated our spelling words into one or two syllables.

We did a math check-up today on place value.  I am glad to say that most did much better!  Those that didn't will bring it home to be corrected.  

I have to be gone tomorrow.  I  have told the children.  I also told them I expect a good report.  

No comments:

Post a Comment